Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WHEN E SUE ASKED IF I WAS GOING TO SEE TWILIGHT:




e -

you ask if am i going to see the teeny bopper vampire romance flick, TWILIGHT? the vampire romance flick that sold-out 18 consecutive screenings at one theatre here in bryan, texas last thursday night at the midnight showing? the vampire romance flick where they do all those cool ass CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON kissing in the treetop bits? the vampire romance flick that has grown women filing down their incisors in their vanity mirrors at home? the vampire romance flick that looks like a teenage goth girl's greatest sexual fantasy come true? the vampire romance flick that looks like HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL forgot it's prozac? am i going to see that vampire romance flick?


um, hell and no.
i'd rather sit at home and chew my own hands.
- ks

5 comments:

The Clarks said...

mwahaha you should go see it! I was able to better relate to my 10th grade bible study girls after seeing it. (relate how? just by knowing what it is gets me in the door...)

It's actually kind of hilarious to "talk Twilight" with someone really into it. I read all the books before I heard all the hype and I'll say it- they are addicting in the way Harry Potter was. But the movie is every bit as terrible as you imagine it to be.

myleswerntz said...

here here.

John Barber said...

Janna and I went to see it. It, unfortunately, wasn't so bad that it was worthy of our site. It wasn't exactly good either.

The worst kind of movie...

the hamster said...

john barber - i can fathom reading these books more than i can fathom seeing the film. that's the weird part of the whole business. in fact, i might hit them spines up over christmas. they sound kinda fun. did you read? did janna read? do tell.

John Barber said...

I read the first one. Get ready for a whole lotta nothing for the first 4/5 of the thing. It gets a bit more interesting toward the end. But I would really like those hours of my life back.

I coulda been reading Tolkien's translation of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (which I'm supposed to be reading for my Literature Group).

Janna's read the first two.